Sunday, 23 December 2012

It's Christmas eve-eve!!!


Christmas is here! I hope you're all having a lovely time getting things wrapped and singing songs around the fire!

Sorry it's a bit late this week, I decided I deserved a day off yesterday, and when you see the week we've had I'm sure you'll agree!

Mrs Bailey bought in these beautiful pictures from the church! They put all of our Christmas wish decorations on to the tree, and don't they look beautiful!




Christmas always means lots of arts and crafts! The children worked so wonderfully on Monday, building cards, Rudolf bags, and calanders. Everybody was busy doing something for Christmas!







Then it was time for our first celebration! I didn't make it to school on Monday, so I will have to let the pictures tell their own story.








My goodness! Nobody told me Batman came to the party! I do hope everyone was O.K and he was there to dance not to catch some baddies.




















I am so sad that I missed it. It looks like it was so much fun! (I did watch the princess diaries, so it wasn't a complete loss of a day!)

Then we had another special craft to do. All of the children make hats to wear to the Christmas meal on Wednesday. Mrs Chandarana had a super idea and got bust making Santa hats.




Then, Mrs Bruce arrived with a special visitor! He'd received our letters and had come to say thank you. 


He'd bought us some gifts...



What is it...?


A bright red sleigh for each class, hooray!


Then Santa asked us to sing him a song, luckily we'd been practicing a song all about him!


(the more I look at this picture, the more I realise we're not singing, I'm just making that face by my own accord!)

Then it was time to say goodbye, and have a go on our present!






At the end of the day it was time for yet another treat. We had some ice cream left over from the party so we got to gobble up ice cream and watch a movie.


The next day we had to finish preparations for our special carol service on Thursday. We all washed our hands, and made mince pies to share with our grown ups. Then we did even more crafts!




We have been very lucky to have a new helper in our class this week. We learnt about a new instrument; the clarinet! It was a very low instrument and very nice to listen to.



Then it was time for Christmas dinner! Hooray! There was music playing in the hall...



 ...and we had some new helpers in the kitchen!






Cheers!






 On Thursday the grown ups all had a special treat! We invited the other teachers to the butterfly class for a grown-up Christmas party. As we laid the table, the children got very excited about the party that they thought must have been for them. We felt very mean explaining that it was grown-ups only, and it took a long time for the reality to sink in! If your butterfly came home saying that the teachers had a party without them it's true!



I told them they could do some baking and invite their friends round if they wanted to have their own party, but they weren't convinced.

Luckily, we had another treat lined up for the children that afternoon. It was time for our carol concert! They had done so much practicing, and we were really proud of them! Thank you so much to all the grown ups that came to see our show. It make all of the hard work worth while (:











One little butterfly had been waiting all week to share her special cake! Mummy told us that she said she really must bring in a huge cake (sorry Mummy!)

It was very much appreciated, as you can see by those chocolaty grins!


All the work was finished in time for a really fun day on Friday. We got out lots of games in the classroom, and then in the afternoon we got to go to a singing assembly! Lots of really funny things happened in this assembly!

The Riverbank staff did a very well choreographed dance routine.



The children's choir sang us some beautiful Christmas songs.


Then it was the moment Mrs Chandarana had been looking forward to all week! Time for Miss Whitelock and Mrs Worral to embarrass themselves in the nativity mega mix mash up!




Only one teacher learnt their lines in time (;







The Key stage two teachers weren't safe either, and did a lovely jingle bell dance.


Which had a surprise remix of Gangnam style in the middle! 



And then, finally, we made it to the end of term!

It has been the first term of school for both me and the butterflies, and what a term it's been! I hope that you are all enjoying a well deserved rest, ready to come back all refreshed and relaxed in the new year!

Please remember, that the homework list is just suggestions, and we're not expecting a lot of work when we come back next year.

A big Goodbye and toodle-oo to you all! See you next year!

Merry Christmas!


4 comments:

  1. i like the blog vervrer mush from samuel

    samuel typed this all himself again. it was christmas morning all the presents were unwrapped by 7.50am and we had just finished breakfast when samuel said "now can i go and comment on the blog". it was 8.30am. you have one very dedicated fan of the blog!!!
    it was exhausting just reading the blog of the last week you did have a busy and fun week. wish we could have seen the teachers do their christmas play that looked fun.
    thanks for a brilliant first term and for all the team's hard work. HAPPY HAPPY CHRISTMAS have a good break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's wonderful! My family all had to look at the blog on Christmas day too... maybe not out of choice either! The Christmas play was rather spectacular, especially as we hadn't rehearsed it before hand!

      I had a look through all of my blog pictures over the holidays, and realised that despite promising I could email pictures from the assembly, I have no idea where they are! They may appear on a memory stick at some point, but I hadn't forgotten to send you the pictures, it just turned in to slightly more of a quest than I had planned.

      Delete
  2. Wow!! All the kids look like they had such a great time during all of their Christmas activities, Mohamed Kaif's favourite bit was meeting Santa!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the butterfly blog! I'm glad that you found it o.k! I'm glad that Mohamed Kaif liked it so much, we're very lucky that he found some time in his busy schedule to come visit us!

      Delete

We'd love to hear what you and your butterfly think about their learning...